*Out Of Stock Till Further Notice*
Custom built for NorthWest Logging by Council Tool! 5# Dayton pattern single bit axe with a 28” straight wooden handle. Dayton pattern so named for the Dayton, Ohio area. A full sized felling axe for general axe chores. Cutting edge is approximately 4.75" of overall length and the poll is square.
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and splitting.
- Heat treated cutting edge produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-55 (Rockwell Hardness Values) for safety, edge holding and toughness.
- Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 28" straight American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite size and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2” of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.